Day Excursions and Nightlife in Palm Springs
In Palm Springs, endless sunshine seems to give rise to endless energy. Good thing, too, since there are myriad ways to play. Don’t hesitate to approach our friendly staff for local insider tips and customized itineraries. Here are a few ideas of things to do in Palm Springs to get you started:
- Ride the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway from the desert floor to the heights of the San Jacinto Mountains for unforgettable views.
- Hike the scenic Indian Canyons, or Tahquitz Canyon with rugged ravines riddled with streams and fan palms
- Visit Palm Springs Art Museum and the Architecture and Design Center for a dramatic dose of art in the desert; sign up for an architectural tour of legendary homes and mid-century modern marvels
- Stroll through the boutiques of Uptown Design District on the hunt for antiques, reproduction home furnishings and vintage couture clothing
- Yearn for a bygone era at Melvyn’s, The Purple Room and other nightlife haunts of the Rat Pack
- On Thursday nights, embrace the laid-back festivities of Villagefest, a pedestrian street fair along Palm Canyon Drive
- Tee off at the idyllic Cimarron Golf Resort, just six miles from our hotel.